Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Horror Series (Future Plans)

I stated in a much earlier blog that alongside horror films and shorts, I was also considering reviewing different horror series. I decided a few days back that I shall review some series (I have a list of the 17 I'd like to work with). Many of these are anthology series (think The Twilight Zone), and as such, are more like short movies than they are individual episodes, meaning I don't have to have too strict a schedule when I decide to review them.

I am going to begin reviewing within the next few days two different series, those being Lights Out and Friday the 13th: The Obsession.


Lights Out is a famous radio show that began in 1934, and went to 1946, eventually going on television for four seasons. Because of the age, many of the episodes (either radio or television) are missing, and so I only have a few here and there to work with. My plans are to review 25 random radio episodes, and all of the television episodes I can find using a few different sources.

Obviously, I enjoy using pictures in my reviews (and sometimes I go overboard, I admit), so it will be interesting to write a review over a 25-minute radio show without the help of pictures. I've never listened to a radio show like this before, so I'm hoping it goes well.

When I review an episode, I will list the different broadcasting dates (many of the episodes of Lights Out aired multiple times, because they were popular, and the people wanted to hear them again and again). I may also list which one I believe I'm listening to, such that can sometimes be difficult to determine. These reviews will come out infrequently until I am finished with my intended amount of episodes.


Friday the 13th: The Obsession is a seven-episode fan-made series. I hope to have this one finished up within the upcoming month, as it's only seven episodes. I'm not quite sure what to expect from this one, but I feel it'll be a hoot.


I'm guessing I'll get the first review up of each series within the next few days, as aforementioned. I'm guessing the title would look like this, for example:

Review #22: "The Man Behind the Mask" - Friday the 13th: The Obsession (Episode 1)

or

Review #22: "The Coffin in Studio B" - Lights Out (Radio Show)


I hope this finds you well,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment