Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Additional Information on Movies

I've been thinking about this for the past few days, and I think there's a section of my blog that I should expand. What section is that? The information section, which currently looks like this:

Source:
Length:
Number of Ratings from IMDb:

I added that in, so everyone would know from where I watched the film, the length of the film, and how many people have rated the film (to keep up with my intent of reviewing the less popular films and shorts). I think I will add a few additional categories, those being Director and Country of Origin. 


For Director, my idea was to list the name of the director, and in brackets, list the horror films and shorts directed by him, linking them to a review if I have one done for the film in question. For example, if I were to review a movie by Wes Craven, here is what it would look like:

Director: Wes Craven [The Last House on the Left, The Hills Have Eyes, Stranger in Our House, Deadly Blessing, Swamp Thing, Invitation to Hell, The Hills Have Eyes Part II, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Chiller, Deadly Friend, The Serpent and the Rainbow, Shocker, Night Visions, The People Under the Stairs, New Nightmare, Vampire in Brooklyn, Scream, Scream 2, Scream 3, Cursed, My Soul to Take, Scream 4]

Now, the name of the movie reviewed will either not be listed, or will be bolded - I'm still working on which one would be better. And I realize that it may seem clunky, but I feel it'll be helpful in the long run.


As for country of origin, I always find it interesting what countries are running the horror genre at what time. For instance, there is no denying that France and Germany had a stranglehold on the genre long before the United States ever got it. Obviously, Italy had a giant chunk of horror between the mid-1960's to the mid-1970's. Australia had a movie here and there. Point is, I think it's important to list from whence the movie came, as that can go a long way to explain portions of the film.

I recall seeing a 1987 horror film from Argentina or Brazil. It was utterly bizarre, and didn't seem like a horror film to me whatsoever. However, thinking on it, for the audience of that country, it probably did seem like a horror film. Culture matters in instances like that.

I plan on going back to the nine reviews I've written already and adding these two sections to the information block. By the end of the week, that should be done.

I should have my next review up by tonight at some point in time.

Hope this finds everyone well
-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment