Sunday, July 13, 2014

Beginnings

Welcome one and all to a new voice in horror movie worship. I hope the blog name is corny enough to garner a few curious eyes.

I attempted a blog like this prior, but I never got far - I was much younger then, and far more prone to inattentive behavior. However, years have passed, and I felt it was time to start anew. After spending years reading other blogs such as Bleeding Skull and Bloody Pit of Horror (both of which I highly recommend if you've not heard of them before), I finally decided to attempt a similar blog.

My main focus will be on the more obscure films/shorts. If I had to wager, I'd probably guess a majority of what I review will have lower than 500 ratings on the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), and most definitely below 1,000. I won't guarantee this, should I be mistaken (I've learned my lessons about making promises I may not be able to keep), but it seems a fairly accurate statement at this point.

I've seen approximately around 1,300 horror films thus far (I have a list, too, so I am able to keep track of the exact number), and while this is by no means an extremely high amount, it is growing more and more throughout the years (especially in October - explanation to come later). My love for obscure horror films stems from, I believe, one of the first horror films I remember seeing as a child, that being Gli orrori del castello di Norimberga, or Baron Blood, a 1973 Italian movie directed by the famed Mario Bava. Generally considered one of his weaker efforts, because I saw it so early in my youth, it holds a special place in my heart. Though not obscure in a general sense (it currently boasts close to 2,000 raters on IMDb), as a kid, it was clear it was no Frankenstein or Dracula. It wasn't a classic, and yet I loved it (and still do).

There are so many great horror films out there I've yet to see or even hear of. From fan films to short films, television movies to silent films, there's a plethora of horrors I have yet to seen, and my desire to do such is quite strong. 

I'm not sure when my next post will be - I have to get a few things dealt with first, among them finding out exactly the best way to utilize the functions this site provides (such as finding an appropriate template), but I would expect within the next week, I'll have something up.

I hope this finds you well, and I thank any readers for their time.

Until next time,
Michael

(I hope this comes up fine - for some reason or another, the preview function doesn't seem to be operating correctly for me. I apologize for any errors that may be present.)

No comments:

Post a Comment